denmarkmanorchurch.org                                          724-744-4218
                      DenmarkManorUCC@outlook.com
Denmark Manor
United Church of Christ
2003 Denmark Manor Road
Export, PA  15632
724-744-4218

Our Historical Roots in This Community

Denmark Manor is a name of long historical standing, reaching back to the time of the illustrious Penns, as it was one of the grants of land given by the King of England to William Penn.  From this was born a house of worship built on one of the highest hills overlooking Manor Valley.  The "Old Manor Church" was not originally equipped with heat.  The addition of a wood stove, where there was no permanent chimney, caused many windy Sundays to "smoke out" the presiding minister and  a choking congregation.

On August 11, 1888, the corner stone was laid for the present church.  The women of the church worked unceasingly to have the new church fully furnished for the dedication.  Many of the furnishings here today were donated by those whose interest was centered on the new place of worship.

The church was dedicated on August 25, 1889.  The entire cost of the building:  $9,485.00

In the post-depression era, around 1939, the men of the church excavated the basement, with such sophisticated tools as picks, shovels, and wheelbarrows.

An 8,000 square foot education wing was added and dedicated on December 8, 1968.

Denmark Manor is blessed with a rich family tradition as well as acceptance for new members.  We offer a blend of both traditional and contemporary worship.  We would be pleased to have you join with us.

Please click below to read more about

The History of the Old Manor Church

Submitted by our Church Historian, Sylvia Duncan

 A Thumbnail Sketch of our History

Submitted by Pastor Meredith

Church Records 
dating back to 1871
FOR YOUR $5.00 DVD COPY
 please call the Office at 724-744-4218


Old Church Cemetery - Now Woodlawn Cemetery 
 (which operates separately from the church)